Master of Technical and Vocational Education (MPPV)
Master (taught course)
Research study I (proposal : chapter 1-3)
Research study II (all chapters 1-5)
• You are advised to take MPPU 1024 (Research methodology) before you register
Research Study I and MPPU 1034 (StaCsCcs) before you register Research Study II.
• RS I and II must be taken towards the end of your study (RS II in your final semester).
• RS I & RS II can not be registered in the same semester
• Regular meetings with supervisor is required (marks given for attendance) and
please check important dates (eg. date of submission) at the faculty’s website (not SPS website). Supervisors have the right to fail students if they do not discuss their work even though students come up with the complete report at the end of the semester
– Students must register research code every semester, star(ng from the first semester. Make sure you register the right code.
– Progress report – every semester (GSMS – online)
– Students must submit their proposals by the end of their 2nd semester.
– Proposal presentaCon (2 internal examiners)
– Conversion to PhD – terms and conditon applied
– Viva voce (1 internal and 1 external examiners)
• Viva voce
– NOTICE for thesis submission 3 months prior to submission (GSMS)
– Students are required to publish in at least one refereed journal/ book chapter/ proceeding before being able to submit
– Plagiarism check (eg: turnitin report) – each chapter and overall
– Students must have at least be active for 2 semesters before submiting their thesis